- Organize notebooks for taking
- The Research Cycle
- Read a small amount of text (about as much as your hand can cover)
- Decide if it is important to your research
- If it is, reread
- Paraphrase- write it in your own words in your notebook
- Note taking
- Homework: Have your TWO sources ready for tomorrow
- Recognizing and recording domain specific language
- Take notes
- Note taking work day.
- Homework: Must have a minimum of 40 notes by Monday.
- Planning to write research papers
- Develop a thesis statement and topic sentences
- Finish developing research plans
- Decide what information is still needed
- Homework: Research plan is due on Monday!