- Text Structure Practice
- Library to find a research book
- Pick research topic!
Homework: Finish text structure worksheet if not finished in class.
- Independent Reading/Read Research books
- Research- Narrowing down topic by making categories
- Asking research questions
- We will model and practice making categories and asking questions with our class topic first, then students will do it with their own topic
Homework: Making research categories and asking questions if not completed in class.
- Membean.com assessment
- Set up notebook for note taking- talk about different note taking strategies
- Research Cycle to take notes
- Independent Reading
- Evaluation sources- internet and book sources
- Note taking
- Library/computer lab to gather resources
Homework: Not taking/Researching
Friday: Today is a half day of school!
- Research and note taking